Re: Get to the bottom of what is running my networks

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:

> If a package's installed, use
> dpkg -S /path/to/file
>
> If it isn't installed, install apt-file, run "apt-file update", and use:
> apt-file search /path/to/file

Ok, again talking through my hat.  I miss-remembered  apt-file as
apt-cache.. So sure was I that it was the one I was after, I didn't
look at notes I took some time ago about how to find the package
belonging to a file.

I think I might even have know `dpkg -S /path/to/file once upon a
time.

Thank you sir for banging those commands home.  And very handy they are.