Re: [OT] Using dvorak

Am Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012 schrieb Sylvain:
> On 08. 02. 12 09:41, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
[…]
> > How does it work when you have to use a qwert(zy) keymapping
> > sometimes? Would that still work out nicely enough?
>
> I've been typing in dvorak (actually bépo, which is a french dvorak
> layout) for about a year and a half now, and I'm still able to type in
> qwertz as fast as before. I'm using bépo at work (I work as a
> programmer) and qwertz at home. The only drawback I've experienced with
> this is the mess it creates in my head, especially because I'm a vim
> user.
>
> > I wondered about dvorak for a long time but never took the faith to
> > actually really try it out for me. Especially cause of the fear not
> > to be able to use standard mappings anymore should they be all I
> > have when working at a customer´s machine or so.
>
> I don't think you can lose it that easily. I experienced it some time
> ago when I stopped using qwertz for about a month, but it took me only
> a couple of minutes to get back to qwertz at full speed.

Thanks, Sylvain for sharing your experiences.

Thats helpful for me.

I think I will just give it a try.

It might be wise to start on a day where I have lots of time to type
slowly in the beginning, I bet. What do you think? Did you start on a
usually work day or did you start it in your free time?

Thanks,