Re: [Fwd: Re: enable i915 rc6 save 7 watt on kernel 3.2]

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:30:46 +0000, lee wrote in message
<87fwevxxeh.fsf@songoku.yagibdah.de>:

..<snip>

> I´ve got a Pavilion DV7 with some integrated Intel card that uses the
> i915 driver, and it´s an euphemism to say that the graphics
> performance is pitifully pathetic compared to the Nvidia GTX470 I´m
> used to ...
>
> However, this laptop also has a Radeon card built in --- only I can´t
> get it to work.

..<snip>

..you _did_ try the radeon driver?  _May_ have been on vt8, vith
your i915 X on vt7, if everything worked right out of the box
before you started messing around with suspect binary blobs.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: