Netinstall cannot find wireless access points

Hi!

I am trying to install debian on a lenovo x61 with an intel 4965AGN built in wifi card from a usb stick.

The installation fails when trying to find wireless access points. It then asks me to enter ESSID and password which I do. It then does something with DHCP but still fails to find a network.

In case it matters, I did create the boot usb stick with unetbootin. The result is the same whether I use stable or testing. For the stable branch I need to put the iwlwifi-4965-ucode file on the usb stick since otherwise the installer fails one step earlier (when recognizing the wifi card). With "testing" this is not necessary, I presume because the driver is built into the kernel already.

Wireless internet works from the same computer in windows with WPA2-PSK, AES.

Is there a way to make the installer find my network?

Jens