Bug reporting

I've been using Debian for years and still can't seem to submit a bug report successfully. One of the main problems is that I have no mail server active on my system. I use Icedove. I have tried to setup exim several times and have always given up in disgust. The instructions for reporting by normal email are way to complicated for easy understanding. The examples given include copies of the world. I need something straight forward and relatively simple. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary