Re: PXE netinst: No disk drive was detected. (Re: Recent Debian Preseed Error: "Logical Volume Manager not available")

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Chris Hiestand wrote:
> > Would you mind running a test install and seeing if things are still
> > working for you? If you have a chance anyway.
> >
> > I've now also reproduced the problem with the 32-bit kernel as well.
>
> And it failed!  I confirmed this on both i386 and amd64.
>
>   No disk drive was detected.  If you know the name of the driver
>   needed by your disk drive, you can select it from the list.

I posted the solution elsewhere in this thread.  But since I changed
the subject it will confuse some mail readers and therefore will add
an additional follow-up here.

The solution is that the netboot.tar.gz files need to be in sync with
the udebs in the new point release.  Update the tftp pxe boot server
with updated netboot.tar.gz file contents and the problem is solved.

Bob