Re: Dead keys doesn't work in gnome 3 apps since update

El 2012-01-31 a las 08:24 +0100, Oscar Vidakovic escribió:

(sending back to the list)

> > Hi. Please, no html... thanks :-)
>
> Oh! Sorry. Hope now there's no HTML :-)

Perfect, thanks.

> > > Since I updated my Wheeze and it installed gnome 3, spanish accents dead
> > > keys ("´", "`", etc) stoped working in gnome apps as dead keys. I mean
> > > to say that when I press the "`" key and the "a" key it wirtes "´a"
> > > instead of "á". I mainly work with KDE desktop and have no complete
> > > gnome installation, but only few apps as chrome or Deluge.
> > (...)
> >
> > Are you using a Spanish keyboard?
> >
> > It works fine here (full gnome3 install). Re-add the spanish layout from
>
> Yes, I have a Spanish keyboard. Testing I have installed complete
> GNOME 3 desktop and changed the layout and had no success. I read
> somewhere that it sometimes happen on installations with no Spanish
> locale during installation process even if the locale is changed
> lately. Well, I cannot asure but I suspect that this could be problem.
> Also I've checked with dconf-editor
> for possible keys causing the problem with no success.

Mmm, it's weird. I usually make frugal installations for testing
purposes which are performed in English and once the system is
installed I add a Spansih keyboard layout (not even the locale, just
add a new layout to get the right keyboard mapping because my keyboard
is also Spanish). But this has never been a problem, I can choose
the layout on the fly which is is automatically applied :-?

> Anyway I decided finally to reinstall the system yesterday, as I've
> spended more than two weeks trying to solve the problem.  I know that
> this is not the right way to solve it, but I needed to solve the
> problem to continue working normaly.
>
> Thank you very much for your interest and help,
> Oscar

Ouch! That's a bit overwhelming for a keyboard layout issue, but if now
is working it should be fine. Maybe it was a missing package that now
is there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón