Clipboard issues

Hi all,

I am seeing this issue on my debian wheezy/sid. The clipboard contents are disappearing when the window is closed. Can someone help me please if they have to faced this issue ?

 Steps:
    open any window application (even xterm )
    Mark the contents of the window (which is copying )

a) Close this window and open another window and try to paste the copied text. The copied text has disappeared and last text is remembered and pasted!
    b) before closing the window if you try to paste the paste works fine.

thanks all