Re: My network speed is only 10MB

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:49:15 +0500, Syed Hasan Atizaz wrote:

> well 10MB is quite good, things that could affect your network speed
> could be firewall, iptables, router itself plus the cables, i mean no
> matter if you have cat 6 connected at one end and . . .

Thanks for everybody's replies, especially Bob's detailed sample output.
I now know one card on one of my box is just a normal network card, not a
Gigabit one, so 10MB is in fact quite good for me. No need to investigate
on cat 6 cables now.

FYI, this is how I tested,

Measuring Network Speeds with Netcat and Dd
http://jbowes.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/measuring-network-speeds-with-
netcat-and-dd/

Here is my output:

 512+0 records in
 512+0 records out
 536870912 bytes (537 MB) copied, 54.4971 s, 9.9 MB/s

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/