OT: cannot copy text from matlab to putty

After logging into a windows 7 machine, I connect to a Debian stable machine
by ssh via putty (0.62). Now I fire up matlab (7.9.1.671 R2009b) from the
Linux machine.

The problem is that I am not able to copy any text from Matlab's command
window to vim/shell (opened via putty ssh connection to the Linux box). The
copying does not work to any other windows application (ex:- outlook)
either.

FWIW, I am able to copy text from shell/vim/outlook to Matlab's command
window. So, the problem is just one way.

I am using xming 6.9.0.31 as the X server.

I tried looking in google but is of no help. Any other comments/suggestions
to look into before I give up?

thanks
raju
--