Re: Wheezy: "module unix not found in modules.dep"

On Fri 06 Jan 2012 at 17:08:46 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Since one of the latest kernel upgrades I started seeing this message
> when booting:
>
> "module unix not found in modules.dep"
>
> And Google served me with this:

> And more specifically, this:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=652672#37
>
> There are no side effects, all works fine but what's missing and how to
> to get rid of it?

Comment out the line 'force_load unix' in /initramfs-tools/hooks/udev
and run

   update-initramfs -u

Personally I wouldn't bother. As you say, it does no harm and when in
time it disappears you will know the bug is gone.

A little off the topic of your mail (and rhetorical) I wonder what your
reaction will be when testing gets the new sysvinit?