Installing security updates

Hi,

Is there any easy way to installing only the security updates?

My box maintaining strategy is, the least maintenance possible the
better. E.g., I only want to upgrade the minimum set of packages. So of
all the packages that I need to upgrade, I only want to upgrade those
security updates. How can I do that?

I did some searching, seems everyone talking about automated security
updates [1], [2]. But I don't want it automated, I don't want to upgrade
every packages and I don't want to subscribe to the security mailing
lists just to get the security update packages list. So,

Is there any easy way?
Will the approach work for Ubuntu as well?

Thanks

[1] Automated security updates in Debian
http://n0tablog.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/automated-security-updates-in-
debian/

[2] Getting Debian Security Updates

Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)