Re: Force USB low speed on an specific port.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:11:03 +0100, Marc Aymerich wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> I want to try putting the bus speed to a lower rate. Is this posible ?
>>> for example, can I force a USB2.0 bus to work in USB1.0 mode or
>>> something like that?
>>
>> Yes, well, you can use an USB 1.0/1.1 cable with a USB 2.0 hub/device,
>> the speed will be automatically reduced to the lowest speed of all the
>> involved compotents which in this case will be the cable.
>>
>> But there has to be a better way to extend the distance by using
>> repeaters (hubs) or USB specific designed cables that can achieve
>> longer distances.
>>

> Yes, sure, I can buy a new bluetooth mouse too, but it will be great if
> I can solve this just with the components that I already have. btw, if
> the driver can change the bus speed according to the type of cable
> (usb1/usb2) it is a shame not have this kind of control through OS.

To be sincere, I don't know how to slowdown the speed of an USB host "per
port"... not even from a Windows based system :-?

It would be nice indeed, to be able to separate the ports by means of a
software based solution. That way, by connecting USB 1.0/1.1 devices into
USB 2.0 host controller it won't slow the whole thing to the minimum
speed which is what happens right now.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón