Re: looking for a non-RAID SAS PCIe HBA that works with Debian amd64 OOTB

On 11/30/2011 2:34 AM, Philippe Marzouk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 08:31:10PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
>> debian-user:
>>
>> I'm looking for a non-RAID SAS PCIe HBA that works with Debian amd64 OOTB.
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>>

> I use an Adaptec ASC-1405 which works with the mvsas driver in the
> standard linux Kernel.

Yes, but the Linux mvsas driver is (still) total crap (to use Linus'
favorite word).  Google mvsas and read the horror stories, or simply
search the linux-scsi and linux-raid mailing lists.  I'd steer way clear
of any Marvell SAS based cards, especially if doing mdraid.

The Marvell SATA based cards seem to be ok however, and use a different
driver, mv_sata.

--
Stan