inconsistency in results using Ctrl+F in libreoffice across 2 Debian boxes

Hey all

I have two machines, both running Debian stable (squeeze) and on both I jettisoned OpenOffice.org in favor of LibreOffice.

On one machine (box A) in Writer or in Calc I can use the keyboard commands Ctrl+F or Ctrl+Alt+F to "find" and "find and replace" respectively. On Box B however, these keyboard commands don't work - instead the file drop down menu is activated.

Aside from the actual hardware inside the boxes, the installation was the same, the updates were the same, etc. so how do I begin debugging this?

Thanks for any assistance.

AG