Re: Full Disk Encryption

On 2011-11-26, Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using full-disk encryption on my laptop for several years over
> several laptops. My current one is a Dell Latitude E6500 with a 2.66GHz
> Core2Duo P9600 with 4GB of RAM, and the lag from encryption is not
> noticeable.

There's something I'm not getting.  You're encrypting the freely available,
open-source operating system?  Why would anyone do that?

Or is just to make it simpler, you encrypt the whole banana, even though
you don't care about the peel?

I've been thinking about encrypting certain folders in my home directory
that contain sensitive information.  Is there an easy way to do that?

Well, forget it, I'm  hijacking the thread.