Re: Re (2): Laptop with external display running X11.

On Thursday 24 November 2011 18:19:21 peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> Encouraging information.  Yes, I'd say Lenny is a contemporary
> Debian.  In this case a difficulty appears to be that automation
> introduced in X is not quite perfect; yet.

??? The two monitors Just Work.  I did nothing.  To answer your other
question, they concurrently show the same as each other: I have the same
display twice.

> > If so, then I can run
> > an external monitor with my netbook (an Acer Aspire One) on contemporary
> > Debian.  If not, sorry, no.
>
> Will guess that you have tried later systems and found problems
> large enough to deter back to Lenny.  The problems are solvable.

The problems are nothing to do with the display(s).  I like KDE 3.5.x, and
strongly dislike KDE 4.  I shall move on to Squeeze and Trinity when I have
to, or when I find TDE (Trinity Desktop Environment) as, or even more, stable
as/than KDE 3.5.10.  From my point of view I must differ from you: the
problem is not soluble as of now.

Lisi