Re: What to make of this apt-get update output.

Wayne Topa wrote, on 10/14/11 23:13:
<snip>
> Oh?  Let me try to make it a bit easier for you.
>
> 1.  Install Apache2 and dwww packages.
> 2.  Use dwww to bring up the Debian-Reference HTML Document.
> 3.  For Packaging select Chapter 2.
> 4.  In iceweasel key in Ctrl f
> 5.  In the find box enter, for example, downgrade.
> 6.  Click next for the next occurrence etc
>
> A fast way to search out terms using Linux Tools and Debian-Reference.
>
> Have a Great Day!!
>
> Wayne

Or just install package "debian-reference-en" and there appears an entry "Debian
Reference" in the "Accessories" section of the desktop menu (at least on Debian
testing). Choosing this entry will start a web-browser opening the local
reference html pages. The package also installes a text version of the reference
"/usr/share/doc/debian-reference-common/html/debian-reference.en.txt.gz".
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.