Re: 100% used / file system. Help!

On Thursday 22 September 2011 12:15:42 Tom H wrote:
> To Lisi: have you found the large files/directories that bumped you up
> to 30G? (Do you still care? :) )

Yes, earlier today, but after you sent this email. ;-)

And yes, I still cared.  I might have made the same mistake again if I hadn't
found what I did.  Well, I might even tho' I have found out - but hopefully
the chance will now have lessened!

Anyway, the answer I give my granddaughter will serve very well here.  I am
prone to leaping up to look things up, or check things, in the middle of a
conversation.  This produces:
G. Why do you have to look that up?
L. Because I don't don't know it.
G. Yes, but why do you need to know it?
L. Because I don't know it.
G. Yes, but why....
several times more.  My reply remains constant: Because I don't know it.

If for no other reason, I wanted to know what had gone wrong because I didn't
know it. ;-)

Lisi