Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 13:11:36 +0200
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

Hello Erwan,

> The best way to avioid this (called backscatter) is that the

Thx;  I couldn't remember the term.

> receiving side rejects the mail and does not bounce it.

I agree but many companies simply don't understand that.  They continue
to send the bounce messages because "That's what we've always done."

It was fine 15 years ago, but nowadays it's sheer stupidity.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the paint on the side if you'll be the tin