Re: Remove annoying Gnome 3 notifications

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:52:23 +0600, Gary Golden wrote:

> On 09/08/2011 08:31 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>> I would ckeck if this helps:
>>
>> [SOLVED] Any way to turn off Gnome 3 notifications stack?
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=118386
>
> That solution mentioned
> /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/gnome-fallback.session file, which is
> found in gnome-session-fallback package. But it's in experimental
> repository, and I would not use it, I'm on testing.

Uh? I'm also in testing but I've not seen that annoying notifications,
just the usual ones.

Are you using gnome-shell? :-?

> Do you know by any chance which package controls this behavior? Knowing
> the package name I can look around and possibly find a solution.

AFAIK, notifications are integrated within the window manager but maybe
thereis a way to control how they look by means of "dconf-editor" or the
old "gconf".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón