What is the right way to use consolekit with startx?

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to get consolekit working properly since version
0.4.1-4.

I believe it is something to do with bug #597937.

With more recent versions of consolekit, my session is not marked as
active, and as a result a bunch of stuff with network-manager doesn't
work. (I know about wicd, but it doesn't support broadband modems.)

I've googled a plenty and tried different things without success. Any
suggestions? Surely I'm not the only person running debian who doesn't
use a desktop manager?

Thanks,

David

My setup is pretty simple.

I use startx and have a ~/.xession file looking like this:

#!/bin/bash

# Set multi-touch emulation parameters
synclient EmulateTwoFingerMinZ=10
synclient EmulateTwoFingerMinW=8
synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=1
synclient HorizTwoFingerScroll=1
synclient VertEdgeScroll=0
synclient HorizEdgeScroll=0
synclient CornerCoasting=0
synclient PalmDetect=0
synclient TapButton1=1
synclient TapButton2=2
synclient TapButton3=3

setxkbmap -layout 'us,gr,il(biblical)' -variant polytonic -option
ctrl:nocaps,compose:ralt,grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

gnome-keyring-daemon &
nm-applet &
skype &
fbxkb &
xbacklightd &

exec awesome

--
David Purton
dcpurton@marshwiggle.net

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a