Pixel garbage when opening context menus

Hi list,

since upgrading from Kubuntu (10.10) to Debian testing, I am noticing that a
context-menu, directly after right-clicking, contains pixel garbage that is
then overdrawn with the actual content. I often recognize the garbage as
content from some window. This also applies to other menus, like the K-Menu,
and sometimes (especially when the system is under load) even for whole
windows. When clicking the logout/shutdown button, the background around the
dialogue where I have to confirm my choice also shows garbage. I do not
remember anything like that from back when I used Kubuntu.

I am using Debian testing and KDE. The issue is present both on my laptop (AMD
Radeon HD 3200, I tried both the open-source and the closed-source driver) and
my desktop (NVidia GeForce 8500, closed-source driver). It does not matter
whether compositing is enabled or disabled (except for the logout/shutdown
dialogue problem, which appears only with composite disabled).

Now I wonder, which package do I have to report the bug against? It can hardly
be the driver, but it could be everything else in the graphics stack, as far
as I can tell. I also wonder whether anyone else is having the same problem.

Kind regards,
Ralf