Re: Running a script on monitor connect/disconnect

Hi,

> And who needs xrandr if you can have the layout you want in a
> straightforward way by directly editing the xorg.conf file or by using
> nvidia-settings tool? (we are now in a loop ;-P)
Editing xorg.conf requires an X-server restart after each setup change, which
is ridiculous. In the end, I do not care which means a tool uses to set up the
screens, whether it's xrandr or that nvidia-specific way. I just want it to
work, without the need to restart anything. And for everything except for
NVidia cards, xrandr is the way to go ;-)

> Uh? That's strange. Maybe you had a problem for getting the radeon 3D
> acceleration features enabled... did you review this list of supported
> games/cards on wine/native environment?
I just tried again. Neverball is now working fine, however from the three
Windows games I tried, only one started, the others showed no useful content
on screen. So, I have to stick with the closed-source driver for now :(

The driver is not the issue though, xrandr works the way it is supposed to, as
far as I can tell. I just want to take some action when a monitor is
connected, which xrandr does detect, it just does not tell me. That's all :D

Kind regards,
Ralf