Re: Computer Freezes - how to find out what happened?

I should have sent this reply to the list - I am doing so now

On 20/07/11 10:24, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2011 10:25:59 Alan Chandler wrote:
>> I suspect it is more than just X freezing, because when that has
>> happened in the past I can ssh into the machine console and still do
>> things.  In this new circumstance I can't.

> Do you have any mean to ssh into it when it freezes?
> Thierry

Yes, but as you can see, when I try I can't connect.  This tells me it
is not just X freezing (because if X freezes I can ssh into the machine).

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk