Re: Tap to click not working

"Sridhar M.A." <mas@mylug.org> writes:

> I am currently running debian testing on Acer laptop. Everything was
> working as expected. Since a couple of days, the tap to click on the
> touchpad has stopped working. Of course, I can set it Gnome preferences.
> But, when I switch to openbox, I have lost that functionality.

When I installed Debian squeeze, I had to set this in my .xinitrc file
xinput --set-prop --type=int --format=8 'SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad' 'Synaptics Tap Action' 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

I don't know if there is a way to enable this system-wide, but I avoid
editing system-wide files, so I went with this solution.

Hope this helps,
Aidan Gauland