Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> There are routes.  Really.  Maybe not everywhere, and maybe not all the
> time... but the IPv4 private space is often routed.
>
> http://www.cidr-report.org/as2.0/#Bogons
> http://www.cidr-report.org/as6447/#Bogons
>
> *Right now*, there are routes for parts the private space being leaked
> everywhere.

IANA also maintains some server(s) for RFC1918 leaks. More or less ten
years ago, I was at a company where, one day, none of the Mac boxes
could telnet to or mount AFP shares on the Solaris boxes because that
IANA service was down and it was providing reverse DNS for RFC1918
addresses...