Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On 12/07/11 22:59, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 08:57:10PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>> Well, I found it in https://www.sixxs.net/forum/?msg=setup-3668841:
>> I suggest you read the material you quote.... see the last comment?
>
> Well, the last comment is quite new. When I read the thread the first
> time, this comment was not challenged. Five months have passed.

I'm pretty cynical about forum posts, and Wikipedia, if it was Slashdot
I'd believe the opposite - the more posters that said it was true the
more certain I'd be that it's not. ;-) 16 million idiots believing a
stupid thing etc
I trust the standards bodies to publish headache inducing reading, and I
don't trust corporations to respect standards - just another reason I
like GNU.

>> Note also the comment/query about Microsoft's IPv6 stack - which *does*
>> include IPSec (so does the GNU-Linux stack, which is better documented).
>
> Well, I didn’t say that there is no IPSec for IPv6, only that IPSec is
> not mandatory anymore.
>
> That was wrong, as I know now. At least in theory. Thanks for the link.
>
> Shade and sweet water!
>
>     Stephan

I'm still not convinced, either way. Guess I'll just have to do some
research ;-p

Cheers

--
What did moths bump into before the electric light bulb was invented?
Boy, the lightbulb really screwed the moth up didn't it? Are there moths