Re: Networking -- use of two Internet connections for one server with round robin DNS -- web okay, but should I do mail this way too?

On 7/11/2011 4:27 AM, Chris Davies wrote:
> Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>> Because no one should be receiving email directly from residential PCs,
>> most which have dynamic IP addresses, some static addresses.
>
> Do you include people who run their own MTA on consumer xDSL in this
> sweeping statement? I'm genuinely curious about this one, as I fall in
> to that (probably small) group.

You're obviously new to the world of running an email server and spam
fighting, or you wouldn't ask such a silly question.  For starters, see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2001/06/msg00096.html and note the
age of the post and to what mailing list.  Now see:
http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/

The intent of fqrdns.pcre is identical to the PBL, simply using a
different method, which is more thorough.

> FWIW the only "objector" to my email, that I know about, is hotmail,
> which insists on marking all my email as spam. I'm aware of no problems
> to another other SPs.

That's because you're sending mail to a very limited set of domains.

--
Stan