Re: Looking for an alternative to mysql

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 17:57, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
>> Is postgresql more reliable then mysql
>
> Yes, without a shadow of doubt.

Why?

I must say i had a big trouble upgrading mysql last time i ran
aptitude safe-upgrade; it just wouldn't upgrade since it couldn't
shutdown the server (it wasn't even running anymore). I managed to
recover after backing up the databases and completely purging
everything mysql*. I blamed this on not upgrading a stable for (too)
long, but i still find it - very - annoying this happened on stable.
I'm glad none of my critical stuff was actually using the DBs.
Still this is either something i did or something in the upgrade
process, not exactly mysql's fault.

There's mariadb but that's a binary replacement for mysql because of
concerns over Oracle acquisition.

Search engines will provide a whole lot of options for alternatives.

--
"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."