Re: A smaller iso

"nikhil jain" <nik.jain@gmail.com> writes:

 > the 4.4 gb is too big for my internet connection(512kbps) .
 > I am looking for something ubuntu-like complete 500mb-2gb debian iso
 > (why not use ubuntu? because its buggy buggy buggy)

I guess you are using the DVD image - try the CD image. Have a look at

http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

 > I want to avoid the net installer , because my slow connection and
 > the weird debian installer makes it a royal pain (I have tried it
 > before)

I have a 256 kbps connection, and have felt that a net installer is
adequate me. Sometimes, I get stingy and stick to business card ISO
(which is still smaller than the netinst).

 > Most importantly I want the installer to have the option to install
 > the bootloader to the partition itself and not the MBR. when I tried
 > w32 installer it didn't gave me the option.

Hope somebody else will help you here. IIRC, there is an option for this
when you select the "Make system bootable" option in the installer.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||