RE: bash script fails in squeeze

Hi,

Bonno Bloksma:

> This bash script has been doing it's job for the past few years but
> suddenly stopped working in squeeze. Each part seems to work but the
> complete script does not. :-(

I must admit that I am not really inclined to try to understand what your
scripts should do and and why they do what they do instead. But one
advice: debugging shell scripts is made *a lot* easier when using 'set -x'
in the script.

Although that set -x did give more information it did not help. However,
someone else determined that the old script had an undefined exit value
which turned out to be a negative value which was then interpreted as being
exit 1, or something like that.
Anyway, a simple exit 0 at the end of the script solved it. :-)

Bonno Bloksma
senior systeembeheerder