Re: dhcp sysv-rc upgrade bug?

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:37:31 +0200, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

>>> Can someone tell if this is a bug that should be filed or is it just
>>> something to be noted in the squeeze upgrade notes?
>
>> (...)
>
>> As you finally got it solved by reinstalling the package, it could have
>> been a problem with your specific setup :-?
>
> Maybe, because this system started as Etch, then I did an install of the
> dhcp3 server because I needed a new function before the dhcp3-server
> became standard.

Hum... curious is that the update to lenny did not move the lease files
under "/var/lib/dhcp3/" and kept the old path :-?

>> Are you sure you had that file under "/var/lib/dhcp/*"?
>
>> stt005:~# locate *.leases
>> /var/lib/dhcp3/dhclient.eth1.leases
>> /var/lib/dhcp3/dhclient.leases
>
> Yes, as that directory had been created during the setup when it was
> still an Etch system. Which is why think it was a problem with the
> directory permissions.
> linrtm:/var/lib# ll dhcp
> total 168K
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   0 Jun 28 13:02 dhclient.leases
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 79K Jul  6 18:26 dhcpd.leases
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 80K Jul  6 18:18 dhcpd.leases~

(...)

I usually tend to agree in what computers have to say and indeed, if it
didn't find the file -while it was there- it could be a permissions issue
with the parent folder or that the format of the old ".lease" file was
not of its liking... who knows. But given that you already have it up and
running I wouldn't bother about it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón