Re: Urgent XFS Recovery

On Jul 4, 2011 8:34 PM, "Rob Owens" <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 12:35:48PM -0700, consul tores wrote:

> I've had good luck with photorec, which is part of the testdisk package.
> It will find files regardless of the state of your partitions.

Now that is just too cool. The wiki does have a note about not being able to deal with reiserfs, so I'm not sure if xfs is the same. But that tool looks to be too cool for school none the less :)

It is possible, if you Google or look around github that you might find a modified version that works with xfs (if the standard version doesn't)... though, just did a quick Google on 'photorec xfs' and it looks pretty promising (though Google it yourself because some pretty cool links popped up).

That said, you really do need to do this on a backup because if you fail.....