NVIDIA - URGENT

Todays testing update, safe-upgrade and full-upgrade totally killed my X which ran with NVIDIA driver. Even this posting I must send from my old computer which is in a terrible state because I did nothing on it since I use the new one. Without X, most work I do on my computer cannot be done.

Nouveau did not work after I bought my Fujitsu in January. Installing xserver-xorg-video-nouveau, xserver-xorg-video-nouveau-dbg, libdrm-nouveau1a, and libdrm-nouveau1a-dbg and changing the Driver line in Section "Device" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf with Vim from "NVIDIA" to "nouveau" and after another reboot to "NOUVEAU" did not work either. The Identifier line was "NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE" and thus correct, the other sections in xorg.conf were not printed but configured elsewhere, and xdm and xfce4 had worked well all the time.

I rechanged the Driver line with Vim again back to "NVIDIA", rebootet and dpkg-reconfigured whatever seemed necessary, And rebootet again. Near the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log the following lines showed up:
(II) Loading extension DRI2
(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(WW) Warning: couldn't open module "nvidia"
(II) Unloading module "nvidia"
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia"
These seem to be the important lines and are the same in Xorg.0.log and in Xorg.0.log.old. The logs with "nouveau" are lost. I rebootet to often and there is only one Xorg.0.log.old file. As far as I remember those lines did not look notably different from the "nvidia" ones.

Is there something I can do, or is it necessary to install Wheezy anew?
In this case I hope it is enough to repartition / and /boot partitions and leave the other ones as they are.

Yours
Hans Vogelsberger

--
Dieser Account aktzeptiert nur Mails, die an von mir abonnierte Listen
gerichtet sind. - This account accepts only postings which are directed