Re: Wicd sees router but won't connect -solved

On Fri 24 Jun 2011 at 16:16:47 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> 02:02.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212
> 802.11abg NIC [168c:1014] (rev 01)

According to the Debian wiki ath5k is the driver for an AR5212. It also
appears your kernel knew this. Not being able to load the ath9k driver
via /etc/modules is telling you something.

And even now you do not have reliable connectivity. If it were me I'd
purge wicd and everything it pulled in. Similarily with Network Manager
if it lurking somewhere. Then set up wpa_supplicant+ifupdown; or, if you
prefer, wireless-tools.