gnumeric has a high priority than libreoffice impress?

Hi all,

That sounds ridiculous at fist glance ,right? But it happens here .
In my Wheezy , when I try to open a .ppt file( I really don't want to
do ,but no other way @_@),
I double click the file (eg, test.ppt) , it pops up a dialog which
shows it doesn't support the file format.
yes, it is the Gnumeric that executes and tries to open a .ppt .

I also try to right-click the file (test.ppt), the context menu shows
the  gnumeric first , and then libreoffice impress.
It seems that I should change the priority , so I click the "use other
application" of context menu ,and choose the
libreoffice impress and mark the " remember the application that open
MS Powerpoint". I thought it were ok .
but it doesn't !!  When opening anther .ppt file , the system still
chooses the gnumeric to open it (I think the
Gnumeric has a WRONG priority).

BTW, it's useless to purge gnumeric and reinstall it late, which means
 after purging the gnumeric the system temporarily
use the libreoffice impress to open .ppt files , BUT the system
chooses to open .ppt file using gnumeric by default after I install
the gnumeric again

any clue ? it's not a big problem, but bothersome!

--
wolf python london(WPL)