Re: CPU freq scaling script and OT Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1178

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 12:59 +0000,
> email message attachment

And where exactly is written that they do sync Linux audio as slave to
VTR such as Bosch and Sony by SMPTE? Please, I need this, show me a link
to the FLOSS software I can use to do it.

They do the complete NLE with Linux? I also need such a NLE app, please
post me a link, where I can get it.

What exactly are those studios doing with Linux?

Pardon, but you are mistaken, they do some stuff, especially animation,
special FX, but not the important cut, audio sync etc..

This is all a video production needs? Animation?

Again you need to sync audio, you need to cut a film etc..

Links to the valid software?

> > we all have to
> > read manuals and ask questions... again, not everyone knows about all.

No, there are standards for professional audio and video work. You don't
need to read manuals. You also don't need to read the Linux Ardour
manual etc., if you know this standards, but you need to read why you
get glitches, because of settings that ignore the rt kernel CPU
frequency scaling governor's default setting ;) etc., but you don't know
what to read as a newbie ;).

I guess this discussion can be closed. Right?

Does Hollywood only produce animation films?

> > this
> > has nothing to do with a kernel setting that handles the cpu frequency

Right, it's a mix of the topic and OT. OTOH multimedia is an issue for
Linux, even that there's professional for software available. There are
reasons that even the professional software isn't used that much, e.g. a
lack of hardware. I need to buy a RME card for Linux, for other OS I
could buy other professional audio cards too, I don't know any other
vendor, but RME for Linux (there still might be some other vendors, but
it's hard to get information).

If it would be easier for users to use Linux for multimedia, more users
would use it and more vendors would take care to support their hardware
for Linux. Btw. usage of Linu with e.g. RME cards isn't supported by the
vendor, but by the Linux community. I guess the coders need to buy those
cards them self.

Again, I guess this discussion can be closed. Right?

Regards,

Ralf