Re: location dhcpd.conf

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:41:07 +0200, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

> I have just upgraded my first Lenny system to Squeeze and noted that
> maybe the location of my dhcpd.conf file has been changed once more. Is
> that right?

I'd say yes.

> In Etch it was in /etc/dhcp/ then in Lenny it was in /etc/dhcp3/ and now
> it seems to be once more in /etc/dhcp/ if I read the
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/i386/isc-dhcp-server/filelist page
> correctly.
>
> Are there any more surprises like that and how do I find them after a
> version upgrade?

Most of the surprises (at least the bigger ones) can be discovered by
reading the Release Notes:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/index.en.html

> Am I supposed to read every package page to find differences like this?
> It is not even mentioned at the page I reference above, I just noted
> that I had two dhcpd.conf files and that the date on the conf files was
> different from what I expected en then went looking for more
> information.

The rest of the surprises could be found in their corresponding doc
packages and/or list of changes file.

IIRC, there was a transition from "dhcp3-client" (package available for
lenny) to "isc-dhcp-client" (in squeeze) so the mess could had been
generated because of that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón