Re: aptitude/apt-get hangs during update (plus) on IPv6

On Tue, 31 May 2011 11:15:13 -0400
"Jeffrey B. Green" <jeff@kikisoso.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2011 09:50:48 -0400
> "Jeffrey B. Green" <jeff@kikisoso.org> wrote:
> >
> > When I check with tcpdump to be sure the firewall isn't the
> > culprit, I find that all of the packets that reach the firewall
> > also make it to the server and a conversation of 20-22 packets
> > occurs (20 on one server, 22 on a different one).
>
> Doing a capture to file and examining with wireshark shows several 404
> "Not Found" HTTP messages, in particular:

Another tidbit: I did an update (IPv4) and then a safe-upgrade (IPv6)
which hung. I got a tcpdump of that. There was a 404 in common with the
previous IPv6 update plus a:

14	11:00:09.380965	2001:4f8:8:36::6
xxxx:xxxx::xx	HTTP	[TCP Previous segment lost]
Continuation or non-HTTP traffic (text/html)

That was in common across both.

-jeff