From: "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
Date: Sun, May 29, 2011 6:58 pm
Subject: M-audio Fast Track
To: "Chris" <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc: "debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 18:17 -0500, Chris wrote:
> I all.
> I would like to know if anyone has gotten the above to work.
>
> Also, does it work with rackattack (I think that's the app).
>
> Much obliged if you could pass on any tricks on how to use any of the
> above.
>
> Chris

If you have PulseAudio installed you need to
edit /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf

[snip]
ICE1712.pcm.front.0 {
@args [ CARD ]
@args.CARD {
type string
}
type route
ttable.0.0 1
ttable.1.1 1
slave.pcm {
type hw
card $CARD
}
       #### fix PA issue ####
       slave.format S32_LE
       slave.channels 10
       ######################
}
[snip]

This will work for Envy24 cards on Suse 11.2 and Ubuntus older than
Maverick. On Ubuntu ex Maverick you need to disable PA. I guess it's the
same for Debian.

I'm switching the distro regarding to this and some other issues,
unfortunately I got stopped with the Debian stable install and need some
help from this list :(.

M-audio are usually Envy24 cards.

I got the information, that for Debian you can chose not to install PA.

Your card should work with rackarrack + jackd.

Hth,

Ralf