Re: Compiz and Workspaces

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Dan <ganchya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am using Squeeze and I have installed compiz doing:
> aptitude install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager
> compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-gnome compiz-gtk
>
> I have not modified anything in xorg.conf because there is no
> xorg.conf, and I also read that it is not necessary to modify
> anything.
>
> I works great, but I can not use anymore the workspaces. I can add
> workspaces and see how many workspaces I have in the gnome switcher. I
> can also send windows to other workspaces by clicking in the title bar
> "Move to another workspace". But I can not access the workspaces by
> doing ctrl+alt+arrow or by clicking in the gnome-switcher. I can
> access only one workspace.

Hi,
I will answer to myself. I used the compiz settings manager and
checked the option "Desktop wall". That has to be checked to use the
virtual desktops.

I read in the README.Debian that I should add to xorg.conf:

        Section "Extensions"
            Option "Composite" "enable"
        EndSection

and in the Device section
       Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"

but there is no xorg.conf, and compiz is working properly, should I
create one by doing  X -configure and then modify it?

Thanks,
Dan