Re: (hopefully perl) API to /etc/network/interfaces?

Hello,
  This is an old thread, but I find myself in a similar situation.  I'd
like to edit a 4in6 tunnel endpoint and reconfigure the interface.
While I can handle the Apache/sudo parts of this I'm stuck with... OK
now how and I going to change this one value out of this whole file?

My current plan is to convert the file to XML storing away comments and
partial white space as well as the settings.  Then I should be able to
edit the setting a write the file back out.

Any better ideas?  For this project Perl seams to be the ideal language.

I may contact the ifupdown maintainer to include this in his package, so
I'm looking to get it done right.