Re: [SOLVED] need help with clamav

On Thu, 26 May 2011 00:55:57 +0000 (UTC)
"Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Camaleón, you were the only one to reply. And this puzzles me
> BTW. I doubt people do not use clamav in Debian. Is there anything
> wrong with my posting. I'm new to Debian community and willing to
> learn. :-)

Not certain this needs a reply but just in case. A newbie might think
they are being left out in the cold. However being a newbie you may not
yet have the feeling of Debian and are offended unreasonably and
unjustifiably.

I've installed clamav on windows computers, on many occasions. But never
required it, nor installed it, for Debian or any other Linux flavour.
Other Linux users probably have the same experience as my own.

I thought you were putting it onto a personal computer, not a server
and just wanted to play with it. Having no experience with it in Linux,
was therefore unable, even to make a stupid suggestion.

Apologies for that, if they are required.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

As for the pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as
the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their
lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have
been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his
body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau