Re: [SOLVED] need help with clamav

On 26/05/11 10:55, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
<snipped>

> So, it looks to me like Squeeze clamav package has a bug. It either does
> not configure clamav upon installation properly or simply missing some
> file/s in package.

Or.... you are the only one to encounter this problem. The total lack of
people with similar symptoms.....

> Thanks Camaleón, you were the only one to reply. And this puzzles me BTW.

Don't mistake silence for a lack of an audience, sometimes it just means
we have nothing useful to contribute ;-)  (no 1st post fools here)

> I doubt people do not use clamav in Debian.

I suspect you will find very few people here who regularly scan their
GNU boxes for Windoof malware.....

> Is there anything wrong with
> my posting. I'm new to Debian community and willing to learn. :-)

Your posting is fine, though a little short on details.

I have had a problem with ClamAV under Lenny (needs permissions
changed), but no problems with Squeeze (KDE).

By no problems I mean I still get the warning on shutting down ClamAV
GUI that freshclam is being terminated, but it's not a real error.
Freshclam still runs whether the ClamAV GUI is up or not.

As pointed out by others - antivirus utilities have little use in Linux,
I only install it on machines where the user will be sending files from
Windoof users to Windoof users... especially as users can *not* execute
files in their home directories (with my builds).

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.