Re: Chromium 11 on Debian 6.0.1 Stable

On Wed, 25 May 2011 20:41:05 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Mi, 25 mai 11, 16:00:07, Camaleón wrote:
>> And it's not me who thinks that way, but Mozilla who tagged it so.
>
> And why should we care (as long as we still get security support, even
> if it's only from Debian).

Anyone who estimates his/her security should care.

We all know (or should know) that any piece of software that is not being
actively developed (upstream) is a security risk. Yes, Debian security
team can catch and patch some flaws but not all. Heck, they're good but
not super-heroes with extra-powers... or are they? ;-)

> Some friends of mine (web developers) complain there are still a lot of
> users with IE6 and IE5. Now that's obsolete/unmaintaned/etc. ;)

I currently have IE8 on my XP box and now feel obsolete with all that
"sevens" out there with IE9... :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón