Re: About Me Changes Don't Stick and Additional Drivers No Show in Main Menu

Peter Allen <allenp95993@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> I just installed Mint 10 Debian and my additional drivers option isn't
> available in the main menu.  My Graphics are horrible and I need to
> see if additional drivers are available.
>
> When I update my personal info in about me and close it the
> information is not being saved.
>
> I appreciate any help.

Although Mint 10 Debian is "based on Debian Testing"[1] and
"100% compatible with Debian Testing or Debian Squeeze"[1],
things like menus are probably changed by Mint.

So, I only skimmed over the mint homepage, but it seems to me they have
an amazing low bug count (20 open bugs)[2], none of those seem afaics to be
related to your problem.[3] So, I hope someone here can offer some help,
but I'd think your best bet would be to either contact [2] or the Linux
Mint community[4]. I did some quick searching on the community site, but
I really prefer email, so I quit soonish.

hth
Memnon

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php

[2]  https://bugs.launchpad.net/community.linuxmint.com

[3]  I also checked the "Known problems in Linux Mint Debian" on
     http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_debian.php. Without more information
     about the problem, its hard to be certain, but I *think* none of
     those are related to your problem either.

[4]  http://community.linuxmint.com/