FW: /run in *unstable*: migration of /lib/init/rw, /dev/.*

----- Forwarded message from Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> -----

Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:55:01 +0100
From: Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: /run in *unstable*: migration of /lib/init/rw, /dev/.*

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 07:28:30PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/RunDirectory

> With the upload of initramfs-tools (0.99) to unstable, we're now
> ready to upload sysvinit 2.88dsf-13.6 to unstable

The upload has been done and you should find yourself with a /run
hierarchy after initscripts has been upgraded.  On reboot, you'll
see it set up as a tmpfs filesystem with the old locations of
/var/run, /var/lock and /dev/shm replaced by symlinks to the new
locations of /run, /run/lock and /run/shm, respectively.

Please refer to the wiki page for all the details:
http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/RunDirectory

[snip infos for developers]

Regards,
Andrei
-- Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers: