Re: access to non-free from aptitude (continued)?

Hi Andrei,
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 02:03:22PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Jo, 12 mai 11, 18:50:33, Axel Freyn wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > And another remark: Whenever there appear NEW packages, aptitude will
> > show them in a special section (not "not installed packages", but "new
> > packages"). As you added the "non-free" repository, all packages from
> > non-free are now seen as "new" -- and should appear there (and NOT in
> > the section "not installed packages", where you looked :-)))
> > You can use "aptitude forget-new" to transfer all those "new" packages
> > into the "not installed"-section. Alternatively, you can do the same in
> > aptitude : Actions -> Forget new packages"
>
> A package can and will show up in more than one category in aptitude.
not on my aptitude :-)

I tried the following (on squeeze):
 - adding "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib
   non-free" to sources.list, run "aptitude update"
 - start aptitude, search for emacs22-common-non-dfsg:
   it appears in "New Packages -> editors -> non-free", but NOT in "Not
   installed Packages -> editors -> non-free"

Maybe it can be configured somewhere in aptitude, or it's a new property
in aptitude squeeze? However, I have no lenny at hand to check...

Regards,

Axel