Re: Download onto CD failed to burn

On Thu, 12 May 2011 17:29:58 -0700, Michael Selinger wrote:

>   I'm interested in trying out Debian's OS.  I downloaded from your
>   website, which
> took a half hour even with a high speed cable connection.  I then sent
> it on to my E-drive, to burn it onto a disc.  After 17 mins., I forced a
> shutdown...log message "Burn failed."  I'm at a loss.  Never had a
> problem burning a cd or dvd on this unit.

Once you downloaded the ISO file, did you check the md5sum?

>From what OS and what burning program? "Burn failed" is a very generic
message, but seems to come from the burning app.

> Any suggestions?  I would like to get away from relying on Windows, and
> try your OS, as I heard it was superior.

Yep, you can use CD-RW/DVD-RW (or even an USB flash drive) as the
installation source media, I mean, just in case something goes wrong to
avoid having a pile of useless CDs ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón